A partnership guided by the Kootenai Tribe of Idaho, Boundary County, City of Bonners Ferry, City of Moyie Springs and Boundary County School District 101.
The Boundary Economic Development Council is a partnership of local governments covering the interests of Boundary County in North Idaho. The Council promotes environmentally responsible economic and natural resource development in Boundary County. The Council's mission is to promote public infrastructure improvements to the community that will lend themselves to the future growth and development of the community and its people.
- A stable, diversified economy that offers residents a variety of livable wage careers;
- A healthy rural retail and tourism center in Bonners Ferry that provides basic goods and services;
- A built environment that sustains our sense of community and supports our economy;
- An educational system that provides excellent lifelong learning opportunities;
- A community that respects our different cultures while building teams that tap our potential.
Goals for 2007-2008
- Assist the City of Bonners Ferry in expanding and protecting their water system.
- Encourage infrastructure improvements that will provide better access to high-speed internet services and cell phone coverage throughout the county.
- Pursue means to construct a river walk that will highlight the Kootenai River as an integral asset to the community.
- Continued assistance with business retention and expansion.
- Continued assistance with business relocation efforts.
- Partner with North Idaho College to expand the Outreach Center to Boundary County.
- Continue to engage in the Inland Northwest Economic Alliance. www.inlandnorthwestregion.com